Euphemisms - A Beginners Guide - Part 2
By Anthony J. Mountjoy | Mon, 04 Jul 2016 08:00:00 EST
We continue through our education of borderline terms and phrases that both provoke and enlighten. To truly fight hate, we need to learn to see past little things that can add up to big problems if we are too sensitive to words instead of deeds.
It's wise to note that people don't always spin words for illustration, they can also confuse and mislead.
From G to P.Ghetto
- Replaced with economically disadvantaged area. Also the effect of many cultures refusing to integrate into their host country. Instead, exporting the same problems from the sh*thole they ran away from.Gun Control
- Laws which criminals will ignore but which will keep weapons out of the hands of potential victims.
- A real crime which is punished more severely because the person is also guilty of a Thought crime.Hateful Policies
- Policies which spread 'hate'. Policies written by people that we hate.Herstory
- The study of women's affairs separate from male-biased "history".Illegal Aliens
- Replaced by Undocumented Immigrants.Invasion / Military Police Action / Peacekeeping
- All of these words can be used to describe when one country puts troops in another land. The choice of which word to use depends entirely on which country is performing this action. When the USSR entered Afghanistan to support the existing government it was called an invasion. When the US put troops in Vietnam it was considered a "police action". The presence of U.N. troops in Bosnia is called "Peacekeeping".Job-Creator
- This really means wealthy.Left and Right Wings
- Terms that limit the range of expression when discussing issues. The idea that there are only 2 sides to every argument; the Liberal and Conservative sides. These terms falsely give the public the impression that there are only two possible sources of ideas and that these two "opposing" sides represent the entire gambit of thought.Liberty
- Freedom from government oppression. Most people recognize it as a word which appears in several old "patriotic" songs and in the names of several old monuments since it would interfere with their obsession of using government programs to re-organize the thoughts and behaviours of society.Lobbying
- This really means bribing.Man's Job and Woman's Work
- Replaced by Traditional Gender Role. These are basic practices that are followed in one form or another by most of the life forms on this planet.Militants
- People that hold beliefs that are different from yours and refuse to change their mind.Misogynist
- A man who hates women as much as women hate one another.Multiculturalism
- Belief that a county is merely a piece of land and not the old notion of it as an organization created to unify people of a similar culture.Nation Building
- The act of forcibly installing a government in a third world country which will protect our 'interests'. But in contrast to classic colonization we allow people from the conquered nation to rule it themselves. This eliminates any appearance of 'outside' rule.(See: Neo-colonization)National Security
- The security of those in power. The security of our colonies. (See: neo-colonization)Negative Campaign
- When a politician has the nerve to inform the public of another politician's wrong doings. You often hear politicians and the media complaining about negative campaign ads because government officials hate to be reminded of how corrupt they actually are and the press hates this type campaigning because it makes people wonder why the media didn't report this information to the public in the first place.Negative Cash Flow Position
- This really means broke.Negative Growth
- This really means RecessionNew World Order
- A world in which all people live peacefully under the control of the U.N.Oriental (when referring to people)
- Asian (using the specific nationality, i.e. Korean is even better, when possible)Partially Proficient
- This really means unqualifiedPatriot
- One who loves his country and culture. Bigot, racist, or possible terrorist.Peace Process
- A process which will ultimately lead to war. The process of getting oppressed people to shut the hell up and embrace their occupiers.Peacekeepers
- A soldier that occupies a foreign nation. In the old days when the USSR would do that type of thing we called them an occupational force.Plantation
- This really means slave labour camp.Politically Correct
- Adhering to the principles of newspeak. This phenomena is a tool of liberals to erase the opinions of the past and to help propagate new ideas. It is rooted in the same motives as "Newspeak" from Orwell's 1984. Although "Political Correctness" may not be as wide-reaching and all-encompassing as its literary predecessor "Political Correctness" is equally as insidious and oppressive to free thought.Progressive
- One who wishes to move his country forward. One who wishes to move his country toward a state-socialism.
If you want us to know you stopped by, visit our featured content and we get a little bit of ad revenue.Current Feature
These are posts distributed for broader viewership; could be anything from our catalogue past or present. Will open in a new tab.