Euphemisms - A Beginners Guide - Part 3
By Anthony J. Mountjoy | Wed, 06 Jul 2016 08:00:00 EST
Where is the line? How do we know when we've crossed it? Doesn't free speech mean we can't cross it?
If someone tells you to jump off a bridge do you do it? From R to End.Racist
- One that believes ones race to be superior. Somebody that does not agree with the political agenda of a minority organization or multiculturalism.Reform
- More laws. (But we are told that these new laws will correct the flaws in previous laws.)Right to Work
- Implying that Government should guarantee a job for everybody. (See : State-Socialism)
- Replaced by Administrative Assistant. The word Secretary comes from Latin and means ‘Confidential Officer'. And for some unknown reason this is a bad thing.Self-confident / Arrogant
- Liberals are self-confident because they are dedicated to their beliefs. But conservatives are arrogant because they are dedicated to their beliefs.Self-Defense
- This really means invasion of another country.Sex Change
- Replaced by gender re-assignment.Sexism
- Adhering to the old way of living in which each member of a marital unit took on a particular role. Replaced by the idea that BOTH members of the marital unit should labour outside the home and should leave the task of raising children to TV and public schools. (see : Orwell's oldthink) Shell Shock / Combat Fatigue / Operational Exhaustion / Post-traumatic stress disorder
- The comedian George Carlin once pointed out how the wording has changed to completely remove any connection with the horrors of war from the name of the condition even though it is the horrors of war which is the direct cause of the condition.Special Interests
- A group of people that have interests that are only important to them and who try to get "special" treatment. A group of people that have interest that goes against the interests of the special interests groups that contribute to our party.Tax Cut / Tax Scheme
- When the Republicans propose a tax cut the Democrats call it a tax scheme. In the English language the word scheme is normally used to describe a plot to rip people off. It is not used to describe a plan to let people keep what is theirs.Tolerance
- When a society permits a person to live his life as he sees fit without fear of persecution. Forcing others to admit that your way of life is just great and persecuting them if they believe differently.Unhealthy Lifestyle
- Actions which will someday be illegal.War on Drugs
- An excuse to turn our police force into an Army.War on Terrorism
- Eliminating anybody that dares to fight against our supremacy and eroding 4th amendment protections at the same time.Western values
- This term may used to describe any belief which is held by the majority of Americans but which some people may find offensive. It is impossible to argue with something if you aren't exactly sure of what it is. If a politician was to actually refer to any specific 'Western Value' by name it might open up a debate.White Trash
- Losers of European descent. Term still in acceptanceWorld Community
- A league of equal states. Communities are quaint little places where everybody gets along -- and wouldn't it be nice if the world was like that? Other petty governments that don't stand in the way of U.S. interest. A desire to turn the world into one community -- and just like any other 'community' it will need to be policed -- by us.
If you want us to know you stopped by, visit our featured content and we get a little bit of ad revenue.Verboten Feature
These are posts distributed for broader viewership; could be anything from our catalogue past or present. Will open in a new tab.
|Cult Of Numbers|
Even as far back as Pythagoras, there was a tendency to manipulate the perceived value of numbers and measurements against the commoner toward controllable automation. This is the source of the desire in some to objectify others.